Regeneron STS Ethics Statement
In order to sign then submit your application, you must agree to all terms of the Regeneron STS Ethics Statement. This option will appear once all other required tasks are complete.
The Ethics Statement speaks to your personal conduct as a young adult within your
peer community as well as your conduct as a research scientist, mathematician or engineer.
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH & ACADEMIC INTEGRITY
- I certify that all the information provided is correct and complete without omission to the best of my knowledge and I certify that the Research Report I am submitting is my own individual work, not that of a student team, nor does it represent the work of others.
- I understand that I am responsible for all aspects of my submission’s authenticity: the
research, the Application, and all other documentation in the application process, as well as the display board and oral presentation if I am selected as a finalist.
- I attest all content in this submission is exclusively my work in substance and in presentation. I further understand that scientific fraud, misconduct, misrepresentation of work or attribution thereof, or violation of the rules and/or eligibility requirements may result in disqualification and forfeiture of any monetary awards and that the Society reserves the right in such cases to bar future participation in Society programs.
- I have acknowledged all potential conflicts of interest, payment for research programs and parental/familial involvement and outside support related to my STS project.
JUDGING AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- I understand and accept that the judging and evaluation process used by Regeneron STS/the Society is confidential and proprietary and that by submitting a Regeneron STS entry, I expressly agree to Regeneron STS/the Society’s right to maintain the confidentiality of such process.
- I agree to unconditionally accept the decision of the judges as final and binding in all matters related to the Regeneron STS program and understand that my application and Research Report will not be returned to me but shall become the sole property of Regeneron STS/the Society. I understand that Regeneron STS/the Society makes no warranties, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the Regeneron STS program.
- I expressly waive any rights to challenge, inspect, observe or otherwise obtain any information that constitutes the confidential and proprietary information of the Regeneron STS/the Society judging and evaluation process. I also agree to permit Regeneron STS/the Society to use all information contained in my application in any way it deems appropriate for publicity purposes.
- I certify that I have not used AI tools, like ChatGPT, to construct the research report or responses to questions in the application.
- I certify that I am at least 18 years of age, or that I am an emancipated minor, or that I possess legal parental or guardian consent to submit the Application and participate in the Regeneron STS, and that I am fully able and competent to submit the Application and to abide by and comply with the Regeneron STS Rules and Entry Instructions. In any case, I certify that I am over the age of 13.
- I certify that I have read and fully understood all rules and eligibility requirements found in the Regeneron STS Rules & Entry Instructions and that I have complied with all rules and meet the eligibility for submitting this Regeneron STS entry.
- I understand that if selected as a top 40 finalist I am obligated to complete all necessary forms and megaform tasks as assigned by the Society for Science throughout the spring to prepare for my participation in Finals Week.
- I understand that the Society reserves the right to remove me from the program and forfeit any awards and/or bar future participation in Society programs for scientific fraud; personal or scientific misconduct; misrepresentation of work or attribution thereof; violation of the Regeneron STS rules, eligibility requirements, or the Regeneron STS Ethics Statement; and/or conviction of a criminal offense.
You will be asked to attest that all content in your Regeneron STS application adheres to the Ethics Statement above, and agree to the terms of the application. You are then able to sign and submit your application. You may view the above as a PDF here.