Learn more about Regeneron STS
- Visit our website to learn about the program's history and recent winners.
- Sign up to be notified of important program updates and events.
- Follow the Society on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to stay up to date and hear inspiring alumni stories.
- Subscribe to our YouTube page for webinars, system guides and more.
- Interested in attending this year's webinars live? You can sign up here!
- Watch the 2023 Highlights Video to see what might be in store for you!
- **NEW** Watch our first webinar of the 2024 application cycle, Early Bird Tips for Getting Ahead on Your Application!
- **NEW** Finalists from the Class of 2023 joined us to chat about leadership in STEM and how you can best show your potential in our second webinar, What Is a Future Leader in STEM?
- Review the application requirements, and learn more in our FAQ.
- Screen the application questions in thispdf.
- Curious what type of forms you might need? Check out this snapshot, but be sure to read the Rules and Entry Instructions for more guidance.
- Read the Research Report Guidelines for formatting requirements for your research paper.
- Wondering who to ask to write your recommendations? Read the instructional documents for the three types of recommendations you will request in your application. Feel free to share questions in the documents below with your recommenders.
Check out this tour of the application and recommender systems, with demos on how to save and edit your work and tips for each section. Note that the application changes slightly from year to year and updates may not be reflected in the videos below.
- Full Application Tour
- How to Register
- How to Edit Tasks
- Task 1
- Task 2
- Task 3
- Task 4
- Task 5
- Task 6
- Task 7
- Task 8
- Task 9
- Task 10
- Task 11
- How to Submit Your Application
- Full Recommender Tour
Certain types of research might require pre-approvals and specific paperwork. Please refer to the Rules and Entry Instructions, particularly if you worked with humans (including surveys and any engineering project tested on humans), non-human vertebrate animals, human or animal cell lines/tissues, or potentially hazardous biological agents. In any of these cases, the forms below may be useful to you.
- Guide for Forming a High School-Level IRB
- IRB Approval Form
- Sample Informed Consent Form
- NEW Guidelines for research involving PHBAs (also included in rules document)
- Risk Assessment Form
- List of Common Reasons Projects Fail to Qualify
Webinars from Previous Years
The STS rules and application can change slightly from year to year, so be sure to check out our most recent offerings for the most up-to-date information - but these videos can be a great resource in getting to know more about the program.
- STS 2023 Webinar Series
- Reasons to Apply features a brief overview of the program and some of our top reasons high school seniors should apply
- Office Hours answers common questions about the program rules and guidelines
- Mythbusting corrects some of the most frequent misconceptions about Regeneron STS
- Winnning Applications offers words of advice from the Chair of the STS Judging Panel as we discuss some of the elements of top submissions
- Advice from Alumni has great tips and inspiration from Regeneron STS Class of 2022 finalists
- *BONUS* STS Class of 2022 Finalists Heloise Hoffmann and Hailee Youn took over our Instagram account to share their favorite memories and application advice. Watch their conversation here!
- STS 2022 Webinar Series
- Regeneron STS 101 features an overview of the program and an interview with finalists from the Class of 2021
- Regeneron STS for Educators and Mentors is all about supporting your students through the science research and application process
- Application 101 explores some helpful resources as staff answer entrant questions live
- The Impact of Regeneron STS features more recent winners explaining all of the exciting experiences and awards in store for future participants